Friday, May 14, 2010

"City of Bones" Review

"City of Bones" by Cassandra Clare

Synopsis:
When Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder. Much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with odd markings. This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons-- and keeping the odd werewolves and vampires in line. It's also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane like Clary? And how did she suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...

(Spoiler Alert!)
Review:
Rating- ***** (stars)
This was an amazing book! I met Cassandra Clare last weekend with Cara before I read any of her books. I knew I was going to like it, but I didn't realize how much. I read this entire book in two days (most during class when I was supposed to be learning). It seemed like I couldn't stop thinking about what was going to happen next so I kept reading. This twists in this story were so unexpected. I absolutely LOVE Jace and Clary together, I was so excited when they kissed. That made the ending even more unexpected because the ended up being brother and sister. Honestly, that was one twist I could've lived without. I can't wait to read "City of Ashes" to find out what's going to happen next. I'm sure it's going to be just as good, if not better.