Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Gone" Review


"Gone" by Michael Grant
Synopsis:
In the blink of an eye. Everyone Disappears. Gone. Everyone except for the young. Teens. Middle schoolers. Toddlers. But not a single adult. No teachers, no cops, no doctors, no parents. Gone, too, are the phones, internet, and television. There is no way to get help.
Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks. Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing, developing new talents--unimaginable, dangerous, deadly powers--that grow stronger by the day.
It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen and war is imminent.
The first in a breathtaking sage about teens battling each other and their darkest selves, GONE is a page-turning thriller that will make you look at the world in a whole new way.


Review:
Rating- ***** (stars)
I really liked the way the chapters skipped around to different peoples perspectives.It gives a better feel of what's going on with different people. I absolutely loved the twists in this story. The book looked really good when I first saw it, but I was not prepared for how good it was. I would definitely recommend this book to any of my friends and I can't wait to read the second book, HUNGER.

P.S. This is my first review so it might not be great but upcoming reviews will be better I promise :) Sorry, about the huge book pic :/